BCN3D Polylactic Acid (PLA) represents an environmentally friendly, sustainable polymer derived from organic materials, notable for its biodegradability and food safety.
In the realm of FFF 3D printing, PLA stands as the most prevalent filament due to its user-friendly nature and its ability to cater to a wide array of applications, particularly those that do not necessitate rigorous mechanical or thermal properties. It undoubtedly serves as an excellent entry point for those looking to delve into the world of 3D printing manufacturing.
Applications for PLA include:
- Crafting architectural mockups.
- Creating aesthetic and concept models
- Fashioning investment casting molds
- Developing low-stress prototype parts
- Exhibits commendable tensile strength
- Displays rigidity with a propensity for fragility
- Demonstrates strong resistance to UV radiation
- Capable of enduring temperatures up to 50°C
- Completely devoid of odors, making it an excellent choice for educational and office settings
- Suitable for use with PVA supports
- Offers limited resistance to solvents and water.
- Extruder temp:180º C - 210º C
- Bed temp:65º C Sigma & Sigmax 45º C Epsilon
- Speed:40 - 80 mm/s
- Min. layer height:0.08 - 0.2 mm
- Cooling fan:100%
- Glass transition temperature:62 °C
- Melting temperature:150 °C
- Nozzle temperature:190 – 220 (℃)
- Build surface material:BuildTak® , Glass, Blue Tape
- Build plate temperature:30 - 60 (˚C)
- Printing speed:30-70 (mm/s)
- Raft separation distance:0.2 (mm)
- Retraction distance:1 - 3 (mm)
- Retraction speed:30 - 60 (mm/s)
- Environmental temperature:0 - 40 (˚C)
- Threshold overhang angle:60 (˚)