Depending on the size of the models you are trying to print, PolyLite™ ABS can required enclosed 3D printer, or even actively heated chamber.
In general a non-enclosed 3D printer with 90˚C bed temperature and 260˚C printing temperature can handle models smaller than fist size. For bigger prints you will required an enclosed 3D printer (~40-50˚C), for models bigger than ~15-20cm in any direction, it will require an actively heated chamber (~70˚C+).
Using proper bed adhesion can also help printing larger parts without deformation/warping issue.
We can recommend Magigoo or BuildTak as adhesive and bed surface options.
Yes, PolyLite™ ABS can be smoothed with acetone.
WARNING: Acetone is a dangerous chemical, please handle it with the necessary safety precautions.
- Printing Temperature:245˚C - 265˚C
- Bed Temperature:90˚C - 100˚C
- Printing Speed:30mm/s - 50mm/s
- Direct Drive Retraction Distance:1mm
- Direct Drive Retraction Speed:20mm/s
- Indirect Drive Retraction Distance:3mm
- Indirect Drive Retraction Speed:40mm/s