ASIGA SuperCAST V3
ASIGA's journey began with SuperCAST back in 2012. SuperCAST was part of our commitment to provide the jewellery manufacturer a high resolution material with excellent castability. Today SuperCAST v3 is an optimised formula of our original recipe and is still today a staple for jewellery casting.
Crisp detailing, superior accuracy and castability position SuperCAST v3 as a must have for the manufacturing jeweller.
- Our most accurate jewelery casting resin.
- Ash-Free burnout.
- Compatible with a wide range of gypsum bonded investment powers
- Colour: Red
- Printer compatibility: 385nm and 405nm 3D printers.
- Manufactured by Asiga under ISO 13485:2016 & EN ISO 13485:2016
Asiga SuperCAST V3 is intended be used in combination with DLP based 3D printers (i.e. Asiga Max Series or Asiga Pro Series) that support Asiga resins. Asiga SuperCAST V3 is optimised to build parts using light with 385nm or 405nm wavelength. Printer and resin must be optimized with respect to each other in order to produce complete and precise printed parts. If the printer and resin are not optimized with respect to each other this may have an adverse effect on the accuracy and physical quality of printed parts. DLP based 3D printers and postcuring lightboxes make use of a light source to polymerize the Asiga resin. Therefore, operators are advised to wear UV protective glasses when operating a 3D printer and/or lightbox. Differences in colour nuance may occur due to: production in batches; inadequate shaking and mixing of the original packaging before use; inadequate stirring in the SuperCAST V3 resin before use; insufficient post-curing.
Ensure the 3D printer is clean prior to use, including the imaging area and any optical surfaces. Ensure the material tray is clear of solid debris prior to commencing a print. The presence of solid particles in the resin may cause deformation or failure of the printed objects. Nitrile gloves should be worn at all times when handling Asiga liquid resins up until the finishing step. Avoid contact with skin. If contact with skin occurs, wash thoroughly with cold soapy water. If contact with eyes occur, remove any contact lenses and flush with cold water and seek immediate medical assistance.
In Bottle: Agitate/shake bottle vigorously prior to pouring for at least one minute.
In Material Tray: Stir material with a soft spatula. Take care not to damage the film of the Material Tray. This step is necessary to re-disperse the (possible) pigment sediment from the bottom of the vessel. Colour deviation and print failures may occur if insufficiently mixed.
Pour the resin into the material tray of the 3D printer. Avoid exposing resin to direct sunlight.
Wash parts in 98% pure isopropyl alcohol in a well ventilated area. Best results are achieved when using a pre-wash and post-wash. The pre-wash bath may be isopropyl alcohol which has previously been used for washing SuperCAST V3 only. The post-wash bath should be fresh isopropyl alcohol. Using an ultrasonic cleaning device:
- Pre-wash bath: 1 minute.
- Post-wash bath: 1 minute.
Best casting results are obtained when the parts are free of uncured resin. Soaking parts in isopropyl alcohol for excessive time will result in weakening of the part and possible shrinkage after drying. Important: Do not wash parts in solvent that has previously been used for washing other materials. Contamination may affect casting results. Allow parts to dry thoroughly before post-curing.
1. After washing and drying, let the printed parts rest for at least 30 minutes to ensure that the printed parts are free of alcohol residue.
2. Place the printed parts in UV curing unit “NK Optik Otoflash G171” for 2000 flashes.
3. Turn parts over and allow to cool.
4. Cure for a further 2000 flashes. Total: 4000 flashes (2 x 2000 flashes each side). Post-curing is an UV-light treatment to ensure that SuperCAST V3 printed parts obtain optimal polymer conversion. Through this the residual monomer is reduced to a minimum and the required mechanical properties are obtained. We advise use of the NK Optik Otoflash G171 postcuring box. Place parts inside the G171 Otoflash chamber on the support mesh, do not use a plastic tray inside the chamber. Inert gas is not required. Please see NK Optik Otoflash G171 user guide.
Store the resin in the original packaging at room temperature in a dry, cool and dark area. Close the packaging after each use. The expiry date of the product is mentioned on the product label along with the lot number. Store on printer for up to 4 weeks with hood closed or store in bottle for up to 24 months in a cool dark place. The product performance is no longer guaranteed once the expiry date is exceeded. Do not expose to UV-light. Standard transport conditions apply to this product. There are no restrictions for transport related to hazardous substances
Asiga resin in its polymerized form is not environmentally harmful thus can be disposed of in general waste. Asiga resin in its liquid state should be treated as chemical waste. Special disposal requirements are applicable, check with your local, federal, or other regulatory agencies for disposal requirements.
Asiga SuperCAST V3 is available in 1 colour only: Red, 1kg.